Oracle Certified Team lead with around 11 years of experience having Masters Degree in Computer Science with expertise in database design and custom software development.
Areas of Expertise
- Experienced in leading cross functional and geographically diverse teams in Financial and Manufacturing domain
- Extensive experience in large enterprise development environments required to manage and support complex projectsIn depth knowledge of Oracle PLSQL, performance tuning & data architecture tool (ER-Studio)
- Skilled in Data Modeling, Prototype Design, ETL methodologies, Oracle Application Software Development, Data Migration and Conversion in high volume and partitioned environment
- Possesses first-rate communications skills to collaborate on all technical and business levels while effectively performing requirement gathering, joint application design sessions and Architecture/model walkthrough with client and users.
- Strong management skills, priority setting skills with demonstrated ability to manage multiple assignments simultaneously
- Oracle PL/SQL Developer Certified (OCP)
- Oracle Database SQL Expert Certified (10g)
- BEA Certified Programmer for Weblogic 8.1 Portal
- Certified : RDBMS Concepts
- Modeling Tools
- ER Studio Suite, ERWIN, Oracle Designer, Toad Data Modeler
- Oracle 11g/10g/9i/8i, SQL server 2000 & 2005
- SQL, PL/SQL, Java2/JDK 1.2.2/3.0/4.0, C, C++, Visual Basic
- DataStage7.5.1, Oracle Reports, ERWIN, SQL*Plus, SQL*Loader, Toad, SQL Developer, ER/Studio, Power Designer 9, Win SCP, MS Project, Crystal Reports, Oracle Forms 10gEclipse, My Eclipse, BEA Weblogic Workshop , Rational Rose, Web Methods, WinCVS, Rational Clear Case, Apache Ant-Build Tool, JUnit, Visual Source Safe(VSS), Mercury Quality Center, Ultra Edit -32 Version 9, F-Secure SSH Client and FTP 4.3, Tivoli Workload Scheduler 8.3, Web Methods, BEA Weblogic Portal
- Apache HTTP Server 2.x/1.x, Tomcat 5.x / 4.x / 3.x, BEA Weblogic 7.x/8.x,Web Sphere
- JSP, Servlets, XML, CSS, DHTML, HTML, Struts 1.2.2, 1.2.4
- UNIX, Solaris 5.x, Red hat Linux 7.x, Windows NT/2000/ XP
SEI Investments, Oaks, PA April 2011–Present
Project: Client Portfolio Management (CPM) & Custody
· The company is a leading global provider of asset management, investment processing, and investment operations solutions for institutional and personal wealth management. Contracted to develop and manage database application as part of the Global Wealth Management Platform (GWMP)
· Developed batch framework jobs specific to the Client Portfolio Management team for different functional areas mainly Unit cost averaging and Drift reports
· Worked closely with Business Analysts in order to build Data Model with attributes and relationships that support stated requirements
· PL/SQL was extensively utilized for coding and writing complex stored procedures and packages
· Worked independently to examine processes, data, and the environment to suggest solutions
· Coordinated efforts with DBA’s and data architects for scalability and performance engineering
· Involved in Production Support and troubleshooting data quality and Integrity issues
Environment: Oracle 11g RAC, PL/SQL, Java, J2EE, Spring Framework, UNIX servers, Control-M, Star Team
JP Morgan Chase, Wilmington, DE Nov 2009 – April 2011
Senior Technical lead
Project: Third Party Engine (TPE)
· The Third Party Engine is an application designed to facilitate the sales, service, termination, and refunds of “Cross-Sell” products added to the Cardholder’s Chase Credit Card account. The Cross-Sell products that TPE deals with are Insurance, Membership and Fraud products from multiple vendors’ .Enhancements are made to TPE as part of the Regz project which is to implement the new regulatory rules proposed by the Obama administration.
· Involved in discussions with BSA and analyzing the functional specs provided and created technical specs documents for all the enhancements
· Led the TPE team at JP Morgan at the Wilmington Delivery Center based on the global delivery business model
· Scheduling meetings and present the technical issues to business users , BSA’s and developers
· Worked on a high volume partitioned environment with confidential and sensitive credit card data
· Worked on optimizing new and existing SQL queries by creating index, Materialized views and query hints. Extensively used Explain Plan, TK-PROF oracle utilities to trouble shoot the poor SQL queries
· Developed automated scripts to run and fix reoccurring data issues in the applications.
· Performed unit test for the procedures using the utPLSQL
· Extensively created Shell scripts (KSH) to call the oracle programs and to send output as e-mail to the business.
· Preparing automated jobs through Tivoli WorkLoad Scheduler using the Job scheduling console and monitoring the jobs in production.
· Responsible for meeting deadlines for the change management request (ECM), creating the Implementation Plan and responsible for smooth rollout /deployment and keeping a check on the first cycle of Production runs
Environment: Oracle 10g, Unix, Korn Shell Scripting (KSH) PL/SQL, Java, JSP, SQL Developer 1.5.4, UltraEdit -32 Version 9,F-Secure SSH Client and FTP 4.3, Tivoli Workload Scheduler 8.3 (TWS),Harvest Change Manager 7.1
Givaudan Flavors Corporation , Cincinnati, OH May‘07 – Oct ’09
Lead Oracle Consultant
Project: Athena Phase 2
· Athena system is used by professional flavor chemist across 100 countries to manage their formulas. Athena interacts with other systems like Opportunity Management (OM), FPR and QMS.
· Performed Requirements Gathering, involved in Joint Application Design (JAD) sessions and Data Modeling Reviews with peers, and Architecture/Model walkthrough with client and users
· Leading and Coordinating with offshore development team in Geneva, Switzerland
· Writing System Design Specification (SDS) and Technical Specification Document (TSD) for the new functionalities for Athena Phase 2 project
· Worked on designing logical and physical data model using Power Designer
· Created the normalized physical Data model using Power Designer for the OLTP system
· Extensively worked on Oracle stored procedure, function, package, trigger and other oracle objects for Athena phase 2 project in a partitioned environment
· Developed SQL migration scripts to migrate the phase 2 data from different external system into Athena
· Used Data Stage ETL tool to load the data to be migrated from external system such as AS/400 and SQL Server into the Staging area
· Designed and generated database objects and Oracle Forms, Reports, and Libraries through Oracle Designer
· Debugging data issues in a high volume environment
· Managing configuration and seed data for setup and migration
· Development of PL/SQL services and templates for end consumer consumption
· Development of best practices for Oracle programming
· Extensively used Explain Plan, TK-PROF oracle utilities to trouble shoot the poor SQL queries
· Hands on with Materialized views. Worked on optimizing new and existing SQL queries by creating index and Materialized views
· Enhanced performance of SQL statements heavily using functions by using oracle function cache in 11g and Wrote scripts for Data Migration. Used advance Oracle features such as MERGE, Analytical function and dynamic SQL for the migration scripts.
· Identifying the entities involved from the use case document, establishing relationship among the entities and representing the entities in a logical data model
· Developed post-migration scripts to fix the data issues identified after the migration phase.
· Strong experience with Database Modeling, Data Analysis and Conceptual, Logical and Physical Modeling for Online Transactional processing (OLTP) system using tools likes Oracle Designer , Erwin , ER/Studio and Power Designer and designing of UML use case diagram to capture functional requirement
· Extensively worked with SQL*Loader(Control File), Oracle External Tables feature to load the data from the legacy systems flat files into Oracle staging tables and developed Oracle Stored Packages, Procedure and Functions to validate the data from the temporary tables and to load the valid records into Oracle final warehouse tables.
· Coordinating with the interface development team to fix the interface defects
· Created SQL script to generate ad-hoc reports for the business group
Environment: Power Designer 9, Oracle 11g, Sun Solaris, SQL, PL/SQL, SQL* Loader Windows XP, TOAD, WinSCP, Webmethods, DataStage7.5.1, Oracle Forms 10g
General Motors Corporation, Detroit, MI Feb ‘06 –April ‘07
Project: BAR HR
· BAR HR project is a project that integrates People Soft HR system with multiple downstream legacy systems
· Went through full life cycle implementation of the system
· Designed the Operational data store(ODS) to capture People Soft changed data using Oracle triggers, procedures and packages
· Detailed analysis of legacy system, requirement gathering for business process, mapping of normalized table data to the de-normalized structure
· The ODS designed was capable to capture information on data change in People Soft OLTP system
· Designed the system to provide method for obtaining snapshot of employee information at a point of reference for better information reconstruction
· Involved in preparation of architecture, background and objectives for the middleware integration project
· Responsible for development of downstream application using Java and the message oriented middleware tool - See Beyond
· Troubleshoot critical problems with employee health and pensions benefits data by analyzing PeopleSoft HR, integration database data and the various integration factor
· Scheduling the DBMS Jobs for periodic execution of PL/SQL code.
· Writing Shell scripts to automate the daily processes using cron job.
· Providing necessary oracle backend support to the team members in the areas of debugging stored procedures, DB triggers
· Write shell scripts to monitor and maintain the critical oracle programs running in the operational data store
· Involved in the design of the data model with ability to reuse across interfaces
· Designed the data model which allows partitioning, analytical query tuning options
· Role involved co-ordination with the offshore technical team for functional enhancements & application interface development and delivery
· Part of the team responsible for having 99% uptime for the designed middleware business system
· Involved in developing Oracle technical and business related curriculum for the new entrant
Environment: Oracle 10g, SQL, PL/SQL, Shell Scripts, e*Gate, SQL*Loader,
Stabilix Solutions Nov‘04 – Jan ‘06
Project: Health Companion
· Participated in the full life cycle development of a Health Companion which is a health care management product. It consists of two major components HC Portal and HC Consumer Desktop.
· HC Portal: module is a Benefit Manager Functions that includes set-up and maintenance of Plan Benefits and Services so that the HC desktop can access the information available. And HC Consumer Desktop: facilitates the creation, maintenance and exchange of information between consumers and the various healthcare constituents such as payers, providers, employers and financial institutions and to provide the consumer with an extensive set of tools to "manage" health care related tasks
· Involved in Design, Use Case Preparation, Coding, testing and documentation of HC Portal Module
· Designed and developed web based application using MVC architecture.
· Responsible to design and develop web pages using HTML, JSP and Java Scripts
· Involved in server side programming.
· Create the application triggers, views, tables, and indexes
· Providing necessary oracle backend support to the team members in the areas of debugging stored procedures, DB triggers.
· Assist Programmers and Developers with Oracle problems
· Installation, Configuration, and Maintenance of Web Logic8.1
Environment: Struts, Java, JSP, EJB, HTML, Java Script, Web Logic8.1, Oracle 9i, PL/SQL 2.1, SQL 3.1, Shell Scripts, Oracle Reports 6i, Sun Solaris
Maquis Technologies June ‘03– Oct ‘04
Jn. Software Developer
Project: Cash Management System
· Cash Management System is an OLTP Sub-system used to monitor and control the cash status at ATMs and with cashiers across the region by authorized bank personnel.
· This subsystem consists of modules like Transaction monitoring and cash replenishment system, Currency disbursement and monitoring system and audit and currency roster system
· Developing and testing the controller and views
· Development of web application using Struts Framework and written Action classes, Form Bean classes and configure the application using struts config file
· Validating modules for the GUI front end.
· Developing and testing the business logics using java beans
· Wrote PL/SQL packages and assisted Java programmers with developing programs to call the PL/SQL packages
· Writing Oracle stored packages, procedures, functions and database triggers using PL/SQL for backend validation and processing
· Extensively involved in the system testing(Unit Testing, System Testing and Regression Testing)
· Provided end user training on the Training platforms and created training documentation
· Participated in code review and designed prototypes
· Integration with open source CVS server to maintain version control.
· Installation and Configuration of the Tomcat Server
· Unit testing of the modules.
Environment: JSP, Java Beans, EJB, HTML, Oracle, Apache Tomcat, Eclipse 3.0, V.S.S
Ø Master Degree in Computer Science
Ø Bachelors Degree in Science